This area forms the largest bulk of built form in the settlement and serves as suburban residential dwellings.
The three main residential estates referred to are:
- The 1960/70/80s residential estates to the south west of the historic core including properties along Station Road
- Cedar Drive residential estate to the south of the historic core
- Residential properties on Moorland Close, Barton Road, Back Lane and Harcourt Spinney to the north and west of the historic core.
The suburban residential land uses within Character Area D have the defined character of:
- Dominated by detached and semi-detached, two storey dwellings
- Long open aspect front gardens provide a sense of openness
- Wide, open aspect grassed verges at road entrances
- Public open spaces dividing housing
- Well proportioned, uniform plots with properties set back from the pavement
- Garages and Driveways.