The time period for accepting comments is longer than first thought due to delays in completing the necessary preparation work. You can comment up to Wednesday 20th October. See the news item below for further information.
Since the Plan was adopted, MBPC and the BVPG have started implementing community aspirations, including:
Obtaining funding and agreements for the footpath on Wellsborough Road to the Water Park and a bus shelter at the terminus
Improving the Memorial Gardens
Addressing the many concerns regularly identified by residents, businesses and visitors concerning:
- Improving pedestrian safety and identifying pedestrian crossing places
- Slowing traffic in the main pedestrian areas
- Increasing parking spaces through provision of extra parking spaces, echelon parking and time restricted parking
- Improving the market place surface to reduce risk, minimise maintenance and enrich the character of the area.
Progressing work on a Town Centre Redevelopment Scheme
MBPC and the BVPG have continued to work producing new documents to support the Plan, including:
A Design Brief for the Station Field site to help ensure that developments comply with the Plan policies
Working with landowners and HBBC to produce a Master Plan for the Station Field site. This:
- illustrates how the site may be developed in a sustainable manner to provide an attractive new extension to the existing community.
- ensures that there is a clear appreciation of the community’s aspirations
- prepares and communicates attractive scheme proposals that clearly set out the vision and key parameters and principles for the future development of the site
- assists in the delivery of the mixed use development of the site
Producing the Tree and Hedgerow survey
Working with external consultants to produce:
- a Housing Needs Assessment to provide an up to date analysis of the number of new dwellings needed
- a Housing Requirement analysis to provide an up to date view of the types of new dwellings needed
- Design Codes to reflect the community’s aspirations for future development