Speculators are trying to overturn the democratic wishes of our community!
In spite of us having a Neighbourhood Plan supported by the community which identifies where we want development to take place, speculators are trying to develop other sites in Market Bosworth. This continued and persistent push by speculators for sites in Market Bosworth undermines the principles of your community led Plan
- Our Plan identifies land for sustainable mixed use development on the South of Station Road – a decision also supported by the Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council (HBBC) Masterplan.
- An application for 73 houses by Owl Homes awaiting final approval is in line with our Plan and there are no objections from our community.
- HBBC Councillors support our Plan and refused an application by Richborough Estates for 63 houses on unallocated land in front of the golf course North of Station Road.
What has happened now?
- Richborough Estates has now gone to appeal with the secretary of state to try to overturn the democratic decision of our councillors.
- Another speculative planning application has come forward. Ainscough Strategic Land is proposing a development for “up to 105 houses” on land at Wharf Farm on the North side of Station Road.
What can you do?
- Wharf Farm Application:
Review the application on the HBBC website at: hinckley-bosworth.gov.uk , select Planning – Simple search and enter reference 21/00970/OUT.
Object to this application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com (giving your name and address) by Saturday 18th September if you agree that it conflicts with the Neighbourhood Plan, the community vision and aims for the future of Market Bosworth.
- Richborough Estates Application:
If you object to this development proposal please submit any comments to the appeal inspector. Review the application at hinckley-bosworth.gov.uk/comment , select View & Comment Online, select the Appeals box and enter reference 20/01021/OUT.
Comments on the appeal must be done by Thursday 23rd September on the Appeals Casework Portal at https://acp.planninginspectorate.gov.uk using reference 3279808 or by emailing ELIZABETH.HUMPHREY@planninginspectorate.gov.uk using reference APP/K2420/W/21/3279808.
- Pass this email on to anyone you know in Market Bosworth so that they are aware and also so that they can register for updates from the Bosworth Vision planning group at org.uk under “Keep in touch”
- Attend the Market Bosworth Vision Community Engagement Event on 8th and 9th October at Bosworth Hall Hotel to help shape the next plan update.