Have your say on the draft plan
HBBC is consulting on a draft Local Plan, which is the next stage in the process for preparing a new local plan for our borough. The Local Plan is the key planning document for the borough and it will guide future development in Hinckley and Bosworth up to 2039.
The draft plan sets out a preferred strategy for housing and economic growth, and includes a number of planning policies covering a range of issues such as conserving and enhancing the natural and historic environment, sustainable transport, good design and responding to the challenges of climate change.
The policies will be used to guide development and respond to economic, environmental and social issues within the borough and will have a direct impact as we undertake our major review of the Market Bosworth Neighbourhood Plan which will need to conform to the policies in this plan.
Comments on the plan are invited up to Friday 27 August 2021.
How to View and comment
The plan is available on the HBBC website at Overview | Draft Local Plan consultation | Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council (hinckley-bosworth.gov.uk) where you can comment online.
Public Consultation Events
Planning officers will be holding the following events to answer any questions and discuss the draft Local Plan (Regulation 18).
- Wednesday 28 July 2021, 2pm to 7pm – Burbage Millennium Hall, Britannia Road, Burbage, LE10 2HF
- Monday 2 August 2021, 2pm to 7pm – Sheepy Memorial Hall, Main Road, Sheepy Magna, CV9 3QU
- Thursday 5 August 2021, 11am to 3pm – Snapdragon Festival, Argents Mead, Hinckley, LE10 1FL
- Monday 9 August 2021, 2pm to 7pm – Markfield Community & Sports Centre, Mayflower Close, Markfield, LE67 9ST
- Wednesday 11 August 2021, 2pm to 7pm – Newbold Verdon Sports Pavilion, Alans Way, Newbold Verdon, LE9 9LB
If you have any questions on the events above, please get in touch with HBBC Planning Policy. Any relevant coronavirus guidelines will be adhered to at events.
What happens next
Following the consultation HBBC will consider all the comments that have been made on the draft plan. A revised Regulation 19 submission draft plan will be prepared for further consultation in winter 2021/22, prior to submission to the Secretary of State for examination in 2022.